Monday, December 3, 2007

Moonbeam McQueen



The short description I have given to Moonbeam McQueen is "a uniquely literate woman's take on life," but that doesn't begin to do it justice.




MBMcQ blogs about whatever is on her mind, and she has a lot on her mind. Her posts range from thoughtful to gut wrenching to hilarious. Today, for example she ruminated about the technological challenges of blogging vs. her aging mind in a post called I Can Has Feedburner? In a world where "LOL" is so overused, the title of the post alone made me truly laugh out loud.




It's silly to explain a joke, but subtlety has never been my strong suit, so I'm going to explain anyway. "LOL Cats" have been a phenomenon on the internet for a couple of years now. People have taken pictures of cats and applied silly captions to them and these have been passed around by email and collected on various websites. One of the largest collections of these pictures appears at I Can Has Cheezburger?, so named after one of the first pictures on the site.


Feedburner is a tool used by bloggers to, well . . . burn their feeds. I have no idea what that means. I've heard of it, I've seen their little firey logo on other blogs (belonging to bloggers presumably smarter than me). That's why I thought Moonbeam's post was so doggone funny. I highly recommend her site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have me all choked up here. What a truly lovely compliment. I love your new site-- what a great idea! Looking forward to visiting often. Okay, I have to go get a Kleenex now.